- The second expansion to the record-breaking game, Exploding Kittens. This deck of 15 cards includes the Streaking Kitten which allows you to secretly hold 1 Exploding Kitten without exploding!
Family-Friendly Party Games – Card Games For Adults, Teens & Kids
- More than 9 million copies sold, breaking records in kids games, adult games and everything in-between.
- A highly strategic, kitty-powered version of Russian Roulette. Basically, if you draw an Exploding Kitten, you lose and you are full of loser sad-sauce. If you don’t explode, YOU WIN! Congratulations, you are full of greatness!
- This “Game of the Year” award winner is the perfect holiday gift if you’re looking for board games for adults but want to be able to play fun games with your kids as well.
- “It’s like UNO, except there are goats, magical enchiladas and kittens that can kill you.” -CNN
- This holiday gift favorite takes 5 minutes to learn, 15 minutes to play, is for 2-5 players (ages 7+) and includes 56 cards, box and instructions.
- This is not a standalone game – it requires a copy of Exploding Kittens to play.
- Check out Imploding Kittens – The First Expansion of Exploding Kittens! and the Exploding Kittens NSFW Adult Edition
How To Play Streaking Kittens?
If you don’t read anything else, remember to play the Streaking Kittens expansion with the same number of Exploding Kittens as players!
- Remove the Exploding Kittens (4) and Defuse Cards (6) from your Exploding Kittens deck as normal.
- Remove the Exploding Kitten (1) from the Streaking Kittens expansion deck.
5. Deal 1 Defuse Card to each player for a total hand of 8 cards per player. Keep your hand secret.
6. Insert enough Exploding Kittens back into the deck so that the total number of Kittens is equal to the number of players – this is 1 more Exploding Kitten than normal because the Streaking Kitten Card allows a player to hold an Exploding Kitten in their hand without exploding!
If you are playing with the Imploding Kittens expansion deck, insert the Imploding Kitten and enough Exploding Kittens back into the deck so that the total number of Kittens (Imploding and Exploding) is equal to the number of players.
Two or Three Players
Put only 2 of the extra Defuse Cards back into the deck. Remove the remaining Defuse Cards from the game.
Faster Game Variant
Before inserting any Kittens into the deck, randomly remove about one third of the deck from the game (you will be playing with approximately two thirds of a deck, but you won’t know which cards have been removed). Then, shuffle the appropriate number of Exploding Kittens into the Draw Pile, and start the game.
Streaking Kitten 1 Card
While this card is in your hand, you can also secretly hold 1 Exploding Kitten without exploding.
If the Streaking Kitten leaves your hand for any reason, the Exploding Kitten in your hand will explode.
If another player steals or receives an Exploding Kitten from your hand, they explode. They must defuse it or lose the game.
If you take any action causing you to play an Exploding Kitten from your hand into the Discard Pile, you explode. You must defuse it or lose the game.
IMPORTANT – Streaking Kittens and Exploding Kittens can not be used with the 5 Card Special Combo. This means you can’t use either of them in your collection of 5 cards, nor can you remove either of them from the Discard Pile.
Why? Because it breaks the game. Don’t break the game…the game loves you.
If you’re playing with the Imploding Kittens expansion deck, the Streaking Kitten does not affect the Imploding Kitten.
Exploding Kitten 1 Card
Extra Exploding Kitten Card to accommodate the Streaking Kitten.
Super Skip 1 Card
End your turn without drawing a card. If you’re supposed to take multiple turns, end them all (useful when you’ve been attacked).
See the Future (5x) 1 Card
Privately view the top 5 cards from the Draw Pile, and put them back in the same order. Don’t show the cards to the other players.
Alter the Future (5x) 1 Card
Privately view the top 5 cards from the Draw Pile, and rearrange them in any order you’d like. Don’t show the cards to the other players.
Swap Top and Bottom 3 Cards
Swap the top and bottom cards of the Draw Pile without looking.
Garbage Collection 1 Card
Every player who has cards (including the player who played this card) must choose 1 card from their hand to secretly insert into the Draw Pile. Then, shuffle the entire Draw Pile.
Catomic Bomb 1 Card
Remove all the Exploding Kittens from the Draw Pile so that everyone can see them. Then, shuffle the Draw Pile, and return the Exploding Kittens face down on top.
End your turn without drawing a card.
If you are playing with the Imploding Kittens expansion deck, do not remove the Imploding Kitten when you remove the Exploding Kittens.
Mark 3 Cards
Pick a target player. Randomly pick 1 of their cards and ‘mark’ it by returning the card to their hand facing out to the other players. The card is still part of their hand (and they can look at it), but it must stay marked until it is played or stolen.
If a marked card is stolen, it doesn’t stay marked.
Curse of the Cat Butt 2 Cards
Pick a target player. That player must immediately make their cards BLIND by putting them face down on the table and shuffling them. The blind player is not allowed to look at any of their cards until they successfully draw a card from the Draw Pile without exploding.
On their turn, if the blind player decides to play any cards, those cards must be picked randomly and played face up on the Discard Pile. If the card is playable, play as normal.
BLIND Exploding Kitten —-
If you draw an Exploding Kitten (and don’t have a Streaking Kitten), that does not count as successfully drawing a card. You must now play cards blindly until you play a Defuse. All non-Defuse Cards played are lost without any effect. After successfully defusing the Exploding Kitten, you can return to non-blind play.
If you play an Exploding Kitten while blind, you explode immediately and must blindly defuse the Exploding Kitten or lose the game.
If you’re the most unlucky person in the world and play an Exploding Kitten while trying to defuse an Exploding Kitten, you must defuse each of them before continuing.
BLIND Favor —-
If you play a Favor Card while blind, you may look at the card you receive before turning it face down and shuffling it into your hand on the table.
BLIND Mark —-
If an opponent marks you while you are blind (or if you become blind while holding a marked card), the marked card must remain facing the opposite direction from the rest of your hand until it is played or stolen.
BLIND Three of a Kind —-
If an opponent plays the “Three of a Kind” special combo on you while you are blind, find the card requested (if you have it), give it to them, then put your cards back on the table blind and shuffle them.
BLIND Garbage Collection —-
If Garbage Collection is played while you are blind, you must pick a card to contribute without looking at your cards. After you have made your selection, you may secretly view the card (so that if you’ve accidentally given up a Streaking Kitten and you’re left with an Exploding Kitten in your hand, you can try to defuse it).